Bali is an enormous island, and is just one of more than 17,000 Islands that presently makes up the mystical country Indonesia. Bali is famous for its surfing and beaches, and is very popular with Australians. Kuta, Sanur, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua and Benoa are the most famous beaches.
Visa on Arrival Facility (VOA)
Effective August 1, 2005, visitors holding valid passports from 37 countries can obtain either a 7-day or 30-day non-extendable visa at any of the 15 airports and 21 seaports designated as "international gateways" by the Indonesian Immigration department. The fee for this visa, payable upon landing, is US$10 for a 7-day visa and US$25 for a 30-day visa.
Nationals of the following countries are eligible to purchase a VOA:
Argentina . Australia . Austria . Belgium . Brazil . Canada . Denmark . Egypt . Finland . France . Germany . Hungary . India . Ireland . Italy . Japan . Kuwait . Luxembourg . Maldives . New Zealand . Norway . Oman . People's Republic of China . Poland . Portugal . Qatar . Russia . Saudi Arabia . South Africa . South Korea . Spain . Switzerland . Sweden . Taiwan . United Arab Emirates . United Kingdom . United States of America
The official entry requirements for the issuance of a 30-day or 7-day VOA:
- Passport must be from one of the countries listed above.
- Passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months from the date of entry into Indonesia.
- Payment of US$10 or US$25 must be paid at the gateway, depending on the length of visa required.
- Onward or return tickets are compulsory.
- Visitors must enter and exit through one of the 15 airports or 21 seaports officially approved as an international gateway by the Indonesian immigration department.
Visas-on-arrival are non-extendable and non-convertible to another class of visa. Overstays are charged US$20 per day for over stays up to 60 days. Overstay violations over 60 days are liable to 5 years imprisonment or a fine of Rp. 25 million.
The Rupiah. Notes 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000. Coins 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000.
Click here for currency converter
Bali Time Zone is GMT+8 hours.
Major credit cards are acceptable in most hotels along with American dollar traveler's cheques.
Most hotels use 220 volts, 50 cycles and a round, two-pronged slim plug. Bathroom shaver plugs usually have a transformer switch. We suggest taking an adaptor for your appliance.
You will find a range of chauffeur driven limousines, self-drive cars, taxis and hotel courtesy cars. Many taxis are not metered so it's wise to negotiate the fare before you climb aboard. Bemos are a unique form of transport. They are a mini-van masquerading as a communal bus. You simply hail the driver and negotiate the fare that suits you both. Motorcycles can also be hired in many places but special care should be exercised at all times as road and traffic conditions can be somewhat hazardous in certain locations. Traveling around Bali is made all the easier because everywhere you go you'll find friendly people only too happy to give you advice and directions on how to get where you want to go.
If you wish to hire a car you must be over 18 years of age and posses an International Driver's License or license from ASEAN countries.
Light, airy, casual clothes are the most practical and you'll find natural fibers like cotton or linen are the most comfortable in Bali's often humid conditions. Waist sashes should be worn when visiting temples.
- Taksi Wahana : 244555
- Taksi Bali : 701111
- AEA International (Medical Evac) Jl. Hayam Wuruk 40, Denpasar. Tel : 228996
- Bali International Medical Center Jl Bypass Ngurah Rai 100X Denpasar. Tel : 761263
- Rumah Sakit Dharma Husada (Hospital) Jl. Panglima Sudirman No.50, Denpasar. Tel : 227560
- Kuta Clinic : Jl. Raya Kuta No.100X, Kuta. Tel : 753268
- Nusa Dua Clinic : Jl. Pramata No. 81A, Nusa Dua. Tel : 771324
- Rumah Sakit Umum Sanglah (Hospital) : Jl. Diponegoro, Denpasar. Tel : 227911
- Ambulance : 118
- Fire : 113
- Police : 110
- Search & Rescue : 51111
- Red Cross : 26465
- Within Indonesia : 100
- International : 101
- Bali : 108
- Indonesia : 106
- American Express : Grand Bali Beach Hotel, Sanur. Tel : 288511 ext. 111
- Mastercard : Bank Central Asia, Jl. Cokroaminoto, Denpasar. Tel : 222652
- Visa Card : Bank Duta, Jl. Hayam Wuruk 165, Denpasar. Tel : 226578
BOOK DIRECT* or 'direct booking' refers to: book your stay directly through this Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa's official website and or contact numbers as stated in this website (www.villaseminyak.net), or in the corporate website (www.astadala.com), NOT through any other third party or any affiliated booking sites. Learn more about our official Best Price Guarantee.